“Damascus… this place of my dreams, this place of my past. Perhaps, in this ancient place, where past, present and future seem to blend together, one can make sense of the path of one’s life, ruminating on the dust, the varying breeze, and the constancy of the sun. ”
From a lecture given by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi: Listen HERE
Bismillahir rahman ir raheem
The weightiest thing a person will have on the day of judgement is good manners.
Etiquette’s (Adaab) of a student of knowledge (Adaab)
- How to treat himself
- How to treat his Sheikh
Other topics include how to treat your books, dormitory. Ibnu Jama’ has a book written 700-800 years ago and it has a chapter about etiquette’s about how to keep your dormitory, how to treat your fellow student, how to cleanup bathroom after using it.
A student of knowledge has to become more conscious of his manners. It will open up the hearts of others.
Al-Makhlad Ibn Al Hussien —(one of the famous scholars of hadith) — said to Imam Abdullah Ibn Mubarak (who was one of the famous scholars of the hadith of his time—also was of the level of the teachers of Buqhari—died year 198) “Verily we are more in need of a little bit of good manners then we are to a lot of knowledge”
Allah says to Musa: “And when you speak to Pharon, speak to him justly and softly, It is possible that he might be guided to Allah”
Firoun being the worst human being on the face of the earth, under the Djjal
Importance of Character is a topic of itself…
Point to emphasize here is that as a student of knowledge, it is more befitting for him to have increase in character.
Adaab with Himself:
1)Most important thing: Ikhlaas – Sincerity
- We should be doing this only for the sake of Allah.
- Without showing off, without arrogance, humbly.
- They have only been commanded to worship Allah sincerely, Some worship to showoff
- Be very careful that our niyyat is only for Allah.
- Prophet (saw) said “don’t seek knowledge to argue with the layman, whoever does that let him beware of the fire of hell.”
- Prophet (saw) said: “Whoever studies any knowledge which he seeks to earn things in this dunya, then let him beware of the fire of hell.” in another hadeeth, “this person will never smell the scent of jannah”
- Suffyan As saoudi – Died in year 160 – “I have never tried to cure anything that is more difficult to cure than my niy’yah (intention)”
- He was The scholar of Hadith before Imam Bukhari
- Niyya continuously changes
2) Second aspect: To make sure we cleanse our hearts from every jealousy, envy, and evil feeling towards our fellow students.
12/1/06 – Friday Night derse, Musjid Al-Hidaya
Speaker: Sh. Abdul Qadir – From the Book : At Tadh’kiraat – by Imam Al Kurtuby
Abstract: Sh. Abdul Qadir shares with us tonight about the Stations we will go through on the day of Judgement, from the book At Tadh’kiraat (Remembrances) – by Imam Al Kurtuby.
There are 53 names of the Day of Judgement in the Quran, this shows how much significance Allah puts on that Day. Out of the 53 names, one has got to bring an image to our heads of how that day will feel like.
Almost every page in the Quran mentions the Last Day. . .
The day that they earth will change into somthing else, and the sky will change into somthing else.
Surah Al Infitar: “When the Sky is cleft asunder; When the Stars are scattered; When the Oceans are suffered to burst forth; And when the Graves are turned upside down;-Then) shall each soul know what it hath sent forward and (what it hath) kept back.” [82:1-5]
This Surah lets us picture how that day will begin, in what shape the earth will be, and in what state everyone will be in; a state of realizing the true realities and what each person has sent forth. People will sweat according to their sins, the sun will be a hands distant away and will be 10 times as strong. Everyone will be so close to each other that their bodies will touch, but noone will pay attention to that due to their worries for this day. People will be thirsty as they have never been before.
On this day, there will be 7 types of people (as mentioned in the hadith) who will be saved from the hardships of this day
- A Just Ruler.
- A young youth who grows up in worshipping Allah, Concious of Allah.
- A man whose heart is connected to the Musjid.
- Two people who love each other for the sake of Allah.
- A man who is called by a beautiful women to commit adultry, but says “I fear Allah”, and stays away.
- A person who pays sadaqa so much so that his left hand doesnt know what his right hand just gave.
- A person who remembers Allah when he/she is alone, and tears come to his/her eyes.
There are 5, some Scholars have said 6, stations which we will travel through after ressurection.
Station One: Al Hashr (The Gathering) :
- This is where everyone will be gathered after ressurection from the grave. Everyone will be naked, close to each other, but noone will pay attention it, because of their worries for what awaits them in the upcomming stations.
- Sahih Muslim: Book 040, Number 6844:
‘A’isha reported that she heard Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The people would be assembled on the Day of Resurrection barefooted, naked and uncircumcised. I said: Allah’s Messenger, will the male and the female be together on the Day and would they be looking at one another? Upon this Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: ‘A’isha, the matter would be too serious for them to look to one another.
- Sahih Muslim: Book 040, Number 6844:
- Ibrahim (peace be upon him) will be the first to receive garments on this day: Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 264,
- Because of how much he suffered for tawheed (the active affirmation of the Oneness of Allah)
- Then the rest of the Prophets will be dressed.
Station Two: The giving (falling on their hands) of the records (Suhuf): Continue reading
Bismillah. I believe this is beneficial for all students insha Allah.