Reviving the Islamic Spirit (RIS) Convention 2006 – Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Saturday Dec 23 -10:00am
Speech Title: A Perfectly Balanced Prophet (peace be upon him)
In the Name of God , the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. Peace and blessings be upon the Messenger Mohammad.
(these are just my humble notes from the lecture, please pardon me for the mistakes in this and the notes prior to this. I ask Allah for pardon first.)
- Poem: “I command upon you to do kheir (good) , and Im not doing it myself, and Im not upright , who am I to tell you to stand upright”
Surah Gafir: “They will say: “Our Lord! twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognised our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?” “- Quran [40:11]
- “out of the Fire and return to the world to be obedient to our Lord? The answer given to them will be: No!” – Tafsir Al Jalalayn
- The first time without life was when we werent created yet. The second time without life was when we die from this world. The first time we were given life was into this world. The second time we will be given life is into the next world.
There is no distance between us and Allah except that of our nafs.
RE member: definition: To RE join ourselves into completeness. What is missing in the equation? Our heart
2 Armies fight over over your heart
- Shaytan Nafs Incorporated
- Allahs Army
Rasulullah (saw) told Bilal (ra) to bring us comfort (Salaah should bring us to ease within ourselves)
- Say no to boringness, there is somthing wrong with me, not the deen.
- Do the deeds, and ask Allah to let you experience it.
Aim to be of the Ibad ur Rahman as described in Suratul Furqan:
“And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, “Peace!”; Those who spend the night in adoration of their Lord prostrate and standing; Those who say, “Our Lord! avert from us the Wrath of Hell, for its Wrath is indeed an affliction grievous,- “Evil indeed is it as an abode, and as a place to rest in”; Those who, when they spend, are not extravagant and not niggardly, but hold a just (balance) between those (extremes); Those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; – and any that does this (not only) meets punishment. ” Quran- [25:63-68]
This life is like the transit between two airplanes (when you travel and get off one plane to another). Its just that short pitstop to change planes. The Movie Terminal – Duniya is no more than crackers and ketchup.
The Prophet peace be upon him said (not exact wording) there will be people who recite as you do and stand in Night prayers as you do, and I will kill them because they kill unjustly.
- This shows that there will be people who do the outwardly acts of worship, but internally are not worthy of getting the reward from Allah, and only Allah knows who they are. So we should aim to not be like that.
A man slept without tying his camel, he woke up and prayed to Allah for his camel to come back. When it came back, he claimed power over God because his prayer was answered. Becareful not to feel this way. When Allah bestows on us gifts, be thankful, when Allah bestows on us hardships, be patient.
Peace and blessings be upon the Messenger Mohammad.
Walekum as salaam warahmatullah.